You will work closely with our lead software and hardware engineers to develop software for our range of electronic instrumentation, and bespoke software for one-off projects. This will primarily involve embedded programming for a range of microcontrollers, and/or Windows client development, and thorough testing and documentation of systems.
The reliability and quality of our systems are of paramount importance, and we take great care to thoroughly test our products to maintain this standard. A significant part of your role will be to optimise and troubleshoot code and conduct exhaustive, systematic testing on our products.
You will have the capability to drive a project from inception through to completion, including testing, manufacture, installation, and documentation.
Although primarily software-focused, the ideal candidate should have a holistic understanding of our systems, and so a general working knowledge of electronics and/or mechanical engineering would be beneficial.
Our customers are based around the globe, and ideally, you would be available for occasional travel for on-site installation and troubleshooting work.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or another relevant field
- Excellent command of at least one programming language (such as Visual Basic, C, or C++), including the ability to debug and optimise code
- Excellent understanding of microcontrollers, UARTs (especially USB and SPI)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Skills or experience with embedded software development on a range of microcontrollers, including C
- Experience with digital electronics design, including experience or familiarity with electronics CAD software for schematic capture
- Working knowledge of signal processing (including theory); ability to implement in software
- Ability to prototype hands-on, including fault-finding and soldering
The ideal candidate will be talented, passionate, and hard-working, with a great intuition for real-world problem solving and lateral thinking. They will have excellent team-working abilities; good personal presentation and communication skills for liaising with clients.
We welcome applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Candidates must possess the necessary work authorisation or visa to be considered for employment.
Please note we do not recruit from agencies.
Previous applicants need not reply.
Reference ID: JRD-SD001
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 – £60,000 per year